Are you guys ready to hear about the hottest beauty trends in make-up, hair and skincare on the planet! Hey Curlies! Did you miss me? Well I’m baaaccckkkk! And today, we are digging into the hottest and latest beauty trends of 2018. I’m gonna give you all the goods on the top three trendiest make-up, skincare and hair finds, so that you can stay ahead of the game! Let’s get into it!
First up, Make-up
- Fenty Beauty-Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter: RiRi took brought the beauty world to its’ feet when she launched her beauty line in 2017. Armed with over 40 foundation colors, stellar highlights and stunning matte lips, she is changing the game. Perhaps the most famous of her products, besides her number one lip product in my opinion, STUNNA, the freestyle highlighter, TROPHY WIFE, has taken us all by storm. It’s luscious golden ambience and sparkle nearly knocks you off of your feet! It’s a little pricey at $34 at Sephora, but it is well worth adding to your collection. Damn RiRi, you did that!
- Colour Pop-Supershock Shadows: Color is the new Black! I have a new love in my life and it’s name is COLOUR POP! This brand has been creating great, quality products for decades and continues to surprise their following with awesome new products like the SUPERSHOCK SHADOWS. The style of the shadows come in matte, ultra-glitter & ultra metallic. I recently purchased four of these shadows: NO PROMISES, MOONING, SIDE KICK & CUTEOLOGIST (my favorite). If you follow me on IG: @gracefulnaturalista211, you would have recently seen a post of these new shadows. Here’s a tip: before applying, dampen the tip of the eye brush for an easier application. Add this shadow to your lid and inner crease to brighten your eyes and make them pop! Each of these pots retailed for $5.00 each and you can’t beat that!
- Givenchy-Lashout Mascara: Last on my hit list for make-up trends, is the highly talked about LASHOUT MASCARA by Givenchy. This mascara is being praised for its design of the wand that extend out and down, made to get underneath your lashes, stretching them from the root to the tip, achieving the longest length possible. It’s Givenchy, but the price is reasonable and it retails for $29. I can’t wait to get my hands on this!
Round Two, Skin & Oral Care
Skin & Teeth
- Kiehl’s-Double Strength Deep Wrinkle Filler: Got lines and wrinkles? Looking to get rid of those crows feet? Well Kiehl’s may have just the product for you. Their, DOUBLE STRENGTH DEEP WRINKLE FILLER, contains hyaluronic acid made to smooth wrinkles and fine lines, reducing the need for botox or other face injections. If you suffer from these skin issues and need a solution, give this hot item a try! Retails for $39.
- Neutrogena-LIGHT THERAPY ACNE SPOT TREATMENT: Neutrogena has revolutionized the next big craze with this acne treatment. Like Morpheus offered Neo in the Matrix, this magic pen has a blue light to treat the acne and a red light to treat inflammation, except you don’t have to choose! Simply, place the pen on top of the area and allow it to do its’ thing. Neutrogena claims this light therapy is clinically proven to treat breakouts and targets “acne-causing bacteria.” Retails for $16.99 and can be purchased from several major retailers.
- Crest-3D Whitestrips with Light: Riding on the tail of the popularity of home whitening kits and active charcoal teeth treatments, Crest has invented their own teeth whitening system called the 3D WHITESTRIPS WITH LIGHT. They have stepped it up from their whitening strips to “LED light technology.” For $69.99 at Target, you will receive one light and ten applications. Get ready to whiten your smile.
- ION-Steam Pro Straightening Hair Iron: We have reached my favorite part of the blog…HAAAIIIIRRRRR! This product has been floating around YouTube for a while now so I thought it was time to bring it to the light! If you are avoiding heat styles or are just trying to use less heat on your hair, but want a straight look, you may have found a gem. As a curly-head naturalista, I have been waiting to get my hands on this and hope that it lives up to the hype. I recently did a blow out and suffered heat damage (bt-dubs, I’m so pissed about that). To avoid this from happening again and to be able to occasionally wear straight styles, this product sounds like it would be a nice one to add to my repertoire. Retails for $79.99 at Sally’s.
- Curly Buns & Messy Bangs? A curly top bun or top knot-you choose. Wear it sleek or messy and pair it with some hoops, jeans and a white T and you’re good to go! Straight-hair don’t care! The messy bang is a classic look with straight styles and always adds a bit of a pizzazz to the style. Add bangs to a top bun and some cute eye frames for an iconic look (hint* Audrey Hepburn).
- Denman Brush: If you are a curly girl, YOU ALREADY KNOW! Hands down, the Denman brush is the best brush for clumping girls and detangling hair.🙌🏾 This can also be used on fine hair to achieve that extra sleek look before you air or blow dry. I love this brush and highly recommend it. Be sure to put this on your #mustcop list this year! Retails for about $9.95 purchased on Amazon or from Sally’s Beauty Supply for a much higher price of $12.59.
What are your favorite trends for 2018? Leave them below in the comment box and also let me know if you liked this post. I will be posting a video using a few of these products so be sure and out my YouTube channel. Always fun, spending time with you guys. Have a great weekend!
Primp! Brilliant Beauty. (2018). PeopleStyle.
Chan, M., New Makeup Trends 2018 Lipstick, Skin, Eyeshadow Ideas, Be Your Own Curl Boss • Beauty • Best Mascara • Eye Makeup • Foundation • How To Contour • Makeup • Beauty • Beauty Innovator Awards, Chan, W. B., & Images., P. B. (n.d.). 2018 Makeup Trends You’ll Actually Want To Wear. Retrieved from http://www.refinery29.com/makeup-trends-2018
Images in this post are not owned by COCOACHERA.COM. They are owned by the original creator of the image.